[ale] X & PS/2 mouse

dan singhal death at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Nov 23 14:01:29 EST 1996

Hey all.

I have a question:
	I'm setting up RedHat on someone else's machine (well, did) and
now I'm trying to get X working for her.  I can get X and that was
fairly painless.  The only problem, now, is I can't get her mouse to do
anything.  All I can get Sin'95 (or DOS) to tell me is that it's a "PS/2
port mouse"  So I told X that it was a PS/2 mouse.  Now ... I can't
figure out where it's supposed to be (ie -- what do I ln -s <here>
/dev/mouse)

anyone have any suggestions on how I find this out?  Or any experience
with this kind of problem?

thanx!!

--dan

-----