[ale] Which?

David Hamm dhamm at itserve.com
Fri Nov 22 09:28:18 EST 1996

M. E. Hood wrote:

> I have decided to try Linux over the SCO freeUnix based on you guy's
> me which Linux distribution is the best?
Oh No!  Do you realize what you've done?  You just overloaded Georga
Techs mail system with countless messages about which Linux distribution
is the one to use.  I can see it now, I'll check my mail and watch my hd
begin to fill.
Seriously though.  I was a diehard Slackware fan untill I tried RedHat.
I've not tried Debian or any of the others but I must say I've had few
problems with the RedHat distributions that I could attribute soley to
RedHat.
You might want to pick up a copy of the Infomagic cd.  I belive it has
either three or four distributions on it and its only about 20$.  I
think you can get it at Micro Center or you can hit the InfoMagic web
sight http://www.InfoMagic.com

Good Luck.