[ale] Re: Linux User IDs (fwd)

Geoffrey Myers geof at denali.abraxis.com
Thu Nov 21 21:59:04 EST 1996

}Internet Access Ltd. wrote:
}>
}> We have user ID's with more than 8 characters without any problems.  The
}> logins work fine when used via a dial-up connection with mgetty.  If
}> however, you do have problems and the large ID is just for e-mail
}> purposes, use the aliases file (eg: alias large-email-address at domain.com
}> to user-id).
}>
}> Daniel