[ale] Novell 4.1 and Linux

David Hamm dhamm at itserve.com
Sun Nov 17 09:14:44 EST 1996

Chris Fowler spotted the previous problem.  It seems it was related to
our name servicing.  The quick solution was to put the following line in
the /etc/hosts.allow.  file.
ALL:ALL

I've still got a problem that I've had quite a while and I can't get
Novell to come up with any solutions.  When I telnet from Linux box on
one network to another Linux or Sun or IBM box on another network routed
between by a Novll 4.1 server every thing seems fine until I do an ls on
a large directory with a lot of entries.  The listing begins and shows
me some of the files then hangs and the game is over the partial listing
just sits there and the session is hung.  This problem seems to affect
all tcpip trafic and I'm to the point of changing the cards in the
Server.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

David