[ale] telephony stuff

gamyers at atlml1.atlprom.att.com gamyers at atlml1.atlprom.att.com
Thu Nov 14 08:33:11 EST 1996

I've recently gain some interest in telephony and was wondering if
anyone knows where I might look to find work that's been done in
this area for Linux.  Basically, I would like to be able to update
my voice mail message automagically.  I'm required to update it on
a daily basis and this is a pain.  In most cases it's the same
message with a date change.  It would be easy to create the
appropriate *.au files for all the dates, but I would need to better
understand how to send the appropriate keypad tones and such to get
to the proper prompt.  Is this possible?  Thanks for any suggestions,
pointers or directions.

Geoffrey Myers (from work, gamyers at attmail.com)  geof at abraxis.com