[ale] Re: INFO on the next Atlanta Net Day

Robbie Honerkamp robbie at tomservo.mindspring.com
Wed Nov 13 11:20:54 EST 1996

In our previous episode, Alfred Grahame Leach was heard to say:

> > Ah...so that's what a CNA/CNE empowers you to do - cut holes in walls
> > and pull wire.  Gee...maybe if you have a Phd you'd actually get to
> > plug the cables into machines!
>
> Hmm...  In the words of somebody on this mailing list (in their signature):
> "Ok, so you've got a PhD - just don't touch anything..."

I sent them mail asking why they only wanted Novell folk to help out, and got
this reply:

>We just need to make it clear that we will be working within the school
>technology plans and that all technical activities will be overseen by
>expert (meaning lengthy cabling or networking experience) Georgia NetDay
>volunteers.

The message went on to mention how in the past, people haven't followed
directions, and punched holes in wrong places in the walls.

Well, I guess I need to go out and get my CNA certification so I can
read and follow directions properly, and thus be an "expert".. :)

Robbie

--
Robbie Honerkamp
robbie at shorty.com, robbie at grumblesmurf.net, robbie at mindspring.com
http://www.shorty.com/~robbie/
 Supercomputer: Turns CPU-bound problems into I/O-bound problems.