[ale] Simple Editor for non-Unix types

Cory T. Echols cory at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 13 09:34:30 EST 1996

On Wed, 13 Nov 1996, Dan Newcombe wrote:

> joe is pretty nice.  It uses all the wonderful wordstar keystrokes.
> I've had no trouble with it on Linux, but found it doesn't work that
> well on our HP (Steven) when the terminal window is bigger than 80x24.
>
> 	-Dan

	I would go with joe too.  It's really easy to find out what
keys do what function because you can bring up a chart of the key
combinations.  But it doesn't get in the way of your editing because
it only takes up about half the screen, and the file stays open in
the lower half.

	vi is a pretty good thing to know though.  And if you do
any programming, emacs looks way cool (even though I'm just starting
to learn it myself)