[ale] RedHat

Bryan E. Rank bryan at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Nov 8 10:01:20 EST 1996

> Actually that is not true. There have been several folks that have had
> trouble with the RedHat 4.0 (Colgate) release that seem to be unfathomable.
> I believe that the good folks at Redhat just weren't quite thorough enough
> in their testing before release or something went wrong on the burn of the
> cd masters. But there have been some problems that don't seem to make any
> sense at all that have nothing to do with running out of disk space at
> all.

Hi V,
Please elaborate on the above.  I purchased a new copy of redhat from
some slick snake-oil sails man (who shall remain nameless ;-), and was
looking forward to doing the reinstall.  What problems have people been
having other than the LiLO thing, and redhat liking the win96 fvwm
stuff?

If you had it to do all over again would you have put of upgrading from
Picasso?

Thanks,

Bryan