[ale] ALE December Meeting Topic

Chris Ricker gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 7 10:23:22 EST 1996

On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, Eric Z. Ayers wrote:

> I'm looking for someone to speak at the December 12 ALE meeting.  Any Ideas?

Note that I'm NOT volunteering to do this (I don't have the software :-).

I'm sure that someone out there has one or more of the native office
suites currently available for Linux (Caldera IOS, Red Hat Applixware,
Star Division Star Office 3.1 b2).  Perhaps we could get a
demonstration/comparison of features, proof that one can do word
processing on Linux, etc.  Not sure that there'd be enough
material/interest to do a whole meeting, but hey, that's the only idea
about a topic that I have at the moment.

later,
chris

Chris Ricker                                   gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu

"All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed."
              -- Sean O'Casey