[ale] XDM login (fwd)

Derek S. Ray lorimer at alliance.net
Fri May 24 20:44:41 EDT 1996

Robert L. Harris mumbled incoherently:

> > Also, I'm about to take the SCSI leap...am I going to regret it?  Are my
> > filesystems going to deteriorate?  Am I going to have hangs and crashes?
>
>   I've been running scsi drives for 4years now and have had no problems.
>  Either on filesystem deterioration, or drive failures.  It's my media of
> choice.

Agreed.. my SCSI drives have survived (and they were secondhand to begin
with) for approximately the same amount of time.  I've got four of 'em at
the moment, and they're all chained up and grinding away happily... the
only filesystem deterioration I suffer is when I -actively- dibble around
with things and deliberately shuffle parameters :)  This is probably par
for the course, especially considering how often I break my system by
blindly upgrading something or other. :)

--
   finger for PGP key -*- lorimer at alliance.net -*- Vote Brain/Pinky in '96!
     Key fingerprint =  D1 6E A2 69 CF 60 C6 90  3D 34 BE 05 87 B8 12 C8