[ale] security

death death at cc.gatech.edu
Fri May 24 16:42:33 EDT 1996

Hey all.
I'm getting ready to go down when they throw me off my connection in a
couple weeks so, of course, i start checking the security of my machine :)

well, actually, io jsut got time
im trying to run crack against myself (to test my passwords) and it keeps
telling me that the "Version of crypt being used internally is not
compatible with standard" and givesd me a suggesttion taht it might be a
byte ordering problem or such
theres also something abt ufc-crypt (or soemthing along those lines) that
is anotherr encrypter
i, however, have no idea what brand linux uses so i havve no idea what i
need to do.

could one of you kind and loving people [well, ok, could -any- of you
people] help me figure out what i need to
change/modify/upgrade(please,no!) to get crack so that it'll take a
proper crack at my machine?

[and just so i can be completely insane against my machine -- where might
i find satan to thrash at my machine too?  i've got ISS and i'm gonna try
it, soon, but i figure if i atttack myself with as many security ripper
programs as i can find, i can find how many holes hackers might find]

thanx all!!

--attriel
--Daniel Singhal

-----