[ale] scsi tape drive recommendations

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Fri May 24 13:04:57 EDT 1996

> On this note has anyone gotten the Jazz drive to work under linux?
> Is it treated just like a SCSI device (assuming you use SCSI).
> I've been thinking I want to get an extrenal unit and backup all my
> PC's and be relatively portable.
> Also 1 gig is a nice extra drive when you need it.
> Do the drives require SCSI drivers different than normal?  or do they
> look like any other 1 gig scsi drive?

I don't have an actual drive, just its baby brother the ZIP 100. Linux
treats it just like a scsi hard disk so I have to have partitions on it and
I can moun it and create filesystems and all that stuff. You don't need any
special scsi drivers under linux.

Vernard Martin
(vernard.martin at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/people/home/vernard/
College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332