[ale] ghostview

William Mahavier wsm at mathcs.emory.edu
Wed Mar 20 08:49:24 EST 1996

I appreciate all the responses. I am still baffled:
Here is my latest info:

I do have gs and ghostview in the same directory: /usr/X11/bin
and X11 is linked to X11R6.

Both of these came from gatech.edu, slackware distribution, from
the xap1 disc. Do I need something else from that disc?

If I try to execute either ghostview or gs, I get

bash: /usr/X11/bin/ghostview: No such file or directory
and
bash: /usr/X11/bin/gs: No such file or directory

file gives:
ELF 32-bit LSB executable i386 (386 and up) Version 1

I am using a version of everything else that was installed from
slackware abou 1.5 years ago. Could that be the problem?