[ale] NFS install help (fwd)

Greg Hankins gregh at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Mar 19 20:11:32 EST 1996

I am trying to install slackware 3.0 via NFS and am unable to read the
directories on the CD.  It has something to do with permissions.  I have
tried editing my /etc/exports file to allow full access, but I still
can't read the files.  I have done this before but I was running
Yggdrassil on my box with the cd and it worked great.  I am running
slackware (august '95  1.2.8) on my system with cd.  I don't want to move
the cd if I don't have to.  The target system  is just a gateway system
and doesn't have (or need) a cd.

Thanks in advance.

 --  Joe Novosel

* CS major:   College of Computing,                       *
* Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332 *
* Internet: gt2497b at prism.gatech.edu                      *
*           jnovosel at cc.gatech.edu                        *
*           http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gt2497b          *