[ale] why bash when ksh is default?

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Mon Mar 18 10:12:53 EST 1996

}
}>
}> Can anyone tell me why my shells try to run bash when my default shell
}> is ksh both in /etc/passwd and SHELL variable?  I shouldn't have to
}> explicitly enter the #!/.... stuff...
}
}Unless you put '#@/bin/ksh', your shells will be run with /bin/sh,
}which is probably a link to /bin/bash.  If this is from cron or at,
}both of those programs explicitly state that all commands will be run with
}/bin/sh.
}
}	-George

I am aware of the cron and at 'limitation,' but (see my other recent post)
I expect the shell to look at $SHELL to determine what shell to use if
there is no #!..... as the first line of the script...  This is how most
other flavors of UNIX work, including SunOS, SVR4 and SCO....

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   eiger at ichange.com   gamyers at attmail.com

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....