[ale] syquest-linux won't boot

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 14 08:41:47 EST 1996

> After posting to the group, I chose to buy a syquest drive and a pcmcia
> scsi card for my notebook. I am running UMSDOS. I thought I would try to
> backup everying with DOS first and then learn how to get linux to talk
> to my syquest. I installed the pcmcia card and the syquest drive and
> now linux will not boot. It says"not enough memory below 90000h".

I've never used UMSDOS or the LOADLIN programs. I assume that LOADLIN needs
a set amount of low memory and the drivers to run the SCSI pcmcia card is
in low memoyr. You should be able to load them hi and that might solve your
problem. If you are using lilo then this won't help.

Vernard Martin
(vernard.martin at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/people/home/vernard/
College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332