[ale] backups

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Mar 12 13:33:49 EST 1996

> The SyQuest is available in Internal IDE, External SCSI, and supposedly
> External Parallel was just released.  BTW:  it is sub 13ms access time,
> and the cartridges are only $20, which, the last time I did the math,
> was cheaper per meg than the zip (although zip carts have gone down a
> little since then, I think).
>
> I don't consider it a choice (IMHO), the SyQuest EX-Drive (Esp SCSI)
> is *THE* way to go.  The only down-side is that it is a bear to find
> SyQuest carts on the North-Side, at least.  Anyone knowing where they
> regularly stock a large supply, please let me know... :)

Hmm. looks like the Syquest drives have really gotten better. How much to
the syquest dries cost now? I was going to get a zip drive but it sounds
like the syquest beats it hands down. If it doesn't cost much more that is.

Vernard Martin
(vernard.martin at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/people/home/vernard/
College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332