[ale] Re: Mitsumi CDROM not working during intsall

dZothMuellarg zot at crl.com
Mon Mar 11 11:00:08 EST 1996

^
^IRQ 15 and 0x170 are for the 2nd IDE channel (hdc/hdd).

Yes I noticed that.  The manual doesn't say where to fix that.
Shouldn't it be IRQ 14?

^
^If your CD is "slave to the Hard Drive, 0x170, IRQ 15", that
^implies it is on /dev/hdd.  Unless you have maybe 3 HDs in
^addition, I think the CD is on /dev/hdb instead.  The "ATAPI?"
^boot message indicates that as well.

hdb is where I get the error messages, hdc hdd do not show up as
devices when probed.

^
^What kernel are you using?  I have a Mitsumi FX400.  Works
^fine, but I had trouble getting it recognized until I got up
^to 1.2.13 / 1.3.x kernels.

I am using 1.2.13 from redhat, and 1.2.8 from Slackware with similar
results.

^
^For a long time, I had to boot to DOS to initialize the CD,
^then warm boot to linux.  Going to linux from a cold start
^just wouldn't get the CD recognized.

Actually I've been rawriting the disk and rebooting, so a warm boot
doesn't seem to change things.

Thanks for the info, I'll look to change the IRQ.  CHange I change the
address too?

--
Later,
ZOT                                                        zot at crl.com