[ale] Scripted Telnet Sessions

James Rowell jrowell at balrog.ops.tridom.com
Mon Mar 4 11:45:40 EST 1996

> Subject: [ale] Scripted Telnet Sessions
> Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 10:31:30 -0500
> Content-Type> : > text/plain> ; > charset="us-ascii">
> I need to have a telnet session scripted.  The idea is to get input from =
> the user via  a web page do some error correcting and then put the data =
> into a canned accounting system.  My only choices are either using a =
> scripted telnet session to simulate the keystroks of a human hand or to =
> use a program like procom plus and open up a serial connection between =
> the two machines.  I was told that TCL would do this but after looking =
> arround I've found nothing to support this claim.  Any one got any =
> ideas.

David,

  Try using the 'expect' program. It provides an adequate programable
  terminal interface to telnet, ftp, tip, etc. with all the usual
  script language features (user-defined variables, conditional statements).

James

--
james rowell         work email: james.rowell at tridom.com    work: 770-514-3640
at&t tridom       private email: rowell at crl.com             home: 770-643-8695