[ale] Multiple PPP interfaces.

dZothMuellarg zot at crl.com
Mon Jun 24 15:59:54 EDT 1996

^
^Got an interesting one.  Anyone have any experience with using
^2 modems to 2 different connections?  I am trying to connect my
^#1 modem to my Internet Provider, and my #2 modem to my office
^(behind 2 firewalls, no telnet in) so I can access both at one
^time.  Once I get one connected, my scripts (using chat and pppd)
^won't dial the second modem.

 Are you running chat -v anfd pppd -debug?  If so what do the logs
 say.  Sounds like chat an ppd are trying to use the same modems.
 Otherwise there should be no problem.  I have setup Linux running upto
 8 PPP/Slip lines

^
^Routing is going to be a different nightmare as the pppd seems
^to assign ppp0 and ppp1 to dialing order (not easy to manage)...

 Add routes with the script thst you disled in with.  Better yet, make
 your ISP link default and add (and subtract) routes on the other one.
 You can send a disconeect script to pppd or use an enviormnment
 variable to ppp-up, down

--
Later,
ZOT                                                        zot at crl.com