[ale] MTU/MRU

dZothMuellarg zot at crl.com
Mon Jun 24 15:52:33 EDT 1996

^> days and then suddlenly it can't keep it up for more than a minute.
^> Sometimes when I fork a pinging process, pinging the other side, it
^> says up for long periods of time.

^>
^> Anyone have this experience?

Sounds like an idle timer on one end or the other.  est with the ping idea first thoguh.

^  If you're dial-in script can be back-grounded, put a loop that
^executes "ping -c 5 aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd" .  This will send 5 ping packets
^and possibly fix your problem.

 try ping -i 30 internic.net  the i flag is interval in seconds.  This
 prevents load from the ping and can be set indefinetly.  I also use -q
 and >>/dev/nul and -c 5 and then I cron it every 8 minutes.

--
Later,
ZOT                                                        zot at crl.com