[ale] Re: your mail

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Sat Jun 8 16:29:02 EDT 1996

Randy Spain enscribed thusly:

> I have just installed InfoMagic slackware ver# 2.5 April 1996. I am having a
> few problems.

	Hmmm...  If you installed Slackware 2.5 off of the April 1996
InforMagic CD Rom, I would say you definitly have problems!  The April 1996
InfoMagic Linux Developers Resource CD had Slackware 3.0 on it.  Did you
maybe read that 2.5 off of the little "Quickstart" booklet?  That's not
the Slackware Version, just the booklet version.

>         I can't get the man pages to work.

	That's funny.  They should work just fine right out of da box...

>         I loaded the x-windows, but the display is bigger than my screen, is
> there a way to fix this?

	Go into /etc/XF86Config X11 configuration file and look for the
"screen" sections.  Under the "display" subsections you will find some
settings for Virtual.  Typically, what you have is "Virtual 800 600"
defined in a display size of 640x480.  Just change the Virtual size to
match your display size (or remove the Virtual line).

> Any help is appreciated!

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/