[ale] dell dimension laptop

Michael David Ivey ivey at gstv.gsu.edu
Sun Jul 28 15:51:22 EDT 1996

I'm thinking about buying one (i think i can get a used one from Dell for
about $500), so i borrowed a friend's to try it out on.  when i booted
from the slackware 3.0 floppies, it messed up the terminal so that it was
next to impossible to read.  it was like it was wrapping around funny, or
something.  has anyone gotten it to work?  i'm sure i'm just missing
something small.  thanks.

Michael Ivey, Director of Computer Operations   |  ivey at gsu.edu
Georgia State Television                        |  http://gstv.gsu.edu/~ivey

        "I say, kill -9 them all, and let init sort them out"

Key to UNIX: