[ale] Certification (tired of it)

Daniel Boyd dboyd at berry.edu
Fri Jul 19 10:50:49 EDT 1996

After catching up with my ALE mailing list, especially the
Certification thread, I am offended by the references and jokes about
CNAs and CNEs.  I've worked with Novell servers for two years
and have recently started the certification process.  I really thought that
this was a better group of people than what I've seen exhibited in
the Certification topic.  Granted there are some bozos that have never
had to maintain Novell servers and have only memorized enough to
pass the tests, but Novell is changing the tests to eliminate some of
that problem.  My only beef is that they can get jobs for which they are not
really qualified.  But that doesn't mean that Novell certification is
useless or "just a piece of paper".   My thoughts and mine alone...

Dan

Daniel Boyd, CNA              Voice: 706/236-1750
Network Manager               Fax: 706/295-2921
Computing and Technology      email: dboyd at berry.edu
Berry College         "Never challenge worse!" - Quag