[ale] Certification

Christopher Fowler cfowler at www.topform.com
Wed Jul 17 16:14:10 EDT 1996

I had though of several types of certification.  Administration cert. for
doing the day to day tasks of a sysadmin.  Engineer cert.  for more complicated
tasks and maybe even a networking and a programming certification.  One of my
main goals for the certification is that Linux is moving up in the business world
it is inexpensive compared to commercial unix's that toy must by prop. software
to make them productive. Linux is productive out of the box.  Some companies
may want to hire linux gurus.  The certification is an achievement or an
award by ALE to show that you have passed certain standards and know what you
are doing.  I'm not really looking for and industry standard lik CNA or CSA.
I'm just looking for an achievement to place on one's resume.  Would you
rather see on you resume "I know Linux" or "Recieved Certified Linux Administrator
certification through ALE."  What this certification can do is just place a
little icing on the cake and give that person an extra edge during the interview.
Awards and certifications in one's field always look good on a resume. You
need the actual paper to back it up.  Hell, I can say I know SCO, but it will
not look good until I get a CSA.  I'm planning on having a CSA before 1998.
I'm not taking the classes, just the 4($150) tests.  I'm hoping to have
my CNA by October of this year.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Christopher Fowler
To contact me:  cfowler at www.topform.com
Computer Software, INC. * 303 Research Drive * Norcross, GA 30092
Phone: (770) 448-1484 * FAX: (770) 448-3949
http://www.topform.com * http://www.topform.com/~cfowler