[ale] Certification

John M. Mills jmills at siberia.gtri.gatech.edu
Wed Jul 17 14:36:19 EDT 1996

cf For example:

cf ALE-CLA

cf Altanta Linux E...  Certified Linux Administrator

cf ALE-CLE

cf Atlanta Linux E... Certified Linux Engineer

cf Sounds like a plan?

Well, not to me.  I think there are three ingredients to a certification:
1) well-defined technical content
2) clear and fairly administered qualification procedure, and
3) publically recognized administering authority

When we have approaches to meeting these requirements, I would say there
was a plan, and implementation could begin.

John M. Mills, Senior Research Engineer   --   john.m.mills at gtri.gatech.edu
   Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0853
        Phone contacts: 770.528.3258 (voice), 770.528.7083 (FAX)
 Do not fold diskettes unless they are too big to fit into the drive opening.