[ale] fvwm-95

Priyadarshan Kadam pncrxrn at snt.bellsouth.com
Wed Jul 10 14:28:11 EDT 1996

>> I got it to compile just fine also.  when I try to execute fvwm it gives
>> me an error that says can't open display.  Openwindows and xwindows work
>> fine.  Any ideas?
>
>Worked fine for me too.  Are you trying to run it while Openwindows is
>already running?  If so, that's probably the problem.  If you're using
>.xinitrc, the last line is probably olwm or olvwm   Try changing that
>to the fvwm2-95 or whatever the binary name is and then restarting X.
>
>	-Dan
>
>--
>Dan Newcombe - Clayton State College - User Services - 770-961-3421
>newcombe at aa.csc.peachnet.edu  http://www.csc.peachnet.edu/home/dan/
>- Your friend has married your best friend, loves end, poison pen
>  Your flesh will always creep, tossing turning sleep,
>  The wounds that burn so deep.   (Marillion, Forgotten Sons)

I have the new Red Hat distribution and had to do the following to get
fvwm to compile:

1. Download libc.4.7.6.tgz in order to get "xmkmf" working.
2. Modify the fvwm Makefiles to change the USRLIBDIR and lXpm paths.

..and I think fvwm-95 is worth all the effort..

Hope this helps.
..Darshan.

Priyadarshan Kadam                           home : darshan at netdepot.com
Science & Technology
Bell South Telecommunications                work : 404-529-3847
kadam_d at snt.bellsouth.com

NIRVANA is Mind over Matter. "if you don't Mind, it doesn't Matter"