[ale] fvwm-95

Dan Newcombe newcombe at aa.csc.peachnet.edu
Wed Jul 10 09:11:29 EDT 1996

> I got it to compile just fine also.  when I try to execute fvwm it gives
> me an error that says can't open display.  Openwindows and xwindows work
> fine.  Any ideas?

Worked fine for me too.  Are you trying to run it while Openwindows is
already running?  If so, that's probably the problem.  If you're using
.xinitrc, the last line is probably olwm or olvwm   Try changing that
to the fvwm2-95 or whatever the binary name is and then restarting X.

	-Dan

--
Dan Newcombe - Clayton State College - User Services - 770-961-3421
newcombe at aa.csc.peachnet.edu  http://www.csc.peachnet.edu/home/dan/