[ale] shutdown from cron

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Thu Feb 29 12:39:04 EST 1996

I posted a question earlier regarding running shutdown from cron causing
fsck to run upon rebooting.  I don't understand why, but I have a bit more
info.  The output of stderr is:

umount: /dev/hdb3: device is busy

Now this is my / filesystem, and although I fully understand what is going
this means, I don't understand why I get the device busy message when
running it out of cron vs. running it on the command line.  In either case
the / filesystem is occupied.  Any clues?

--
Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....

Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   eiger at ichange.com   gamyers at attmail.com
	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof