[ale] Re: X and a TVGA9440AGi (fwd)

Chris Ricker gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 28 22:30:54 EST 1996

On Wed, 28 Feb 1996, Greg Hankins wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have been running the demo version of an Xaccel X server that
> supports the relatively new Trident TVGA9440Agi 2meg video card.  The
> demo version only supports 3 clients at a time.  X is very
> unstable under these circumstances.  Sometimes it won't load anything
> saying "The 3 client max has been reached", when there is nothing loaded
> on the desktop.  The registered server is $99 and as a student I don't
> have that kind of money....
>   Is there any other server out there that will work well with the
> TVGA9440AGi VESA card?  Any other ideas of how to get around this problem is
> well appreciated.
> Thanx in advance,

I don't know of another server (except for X Inside or whatever, but I'm
sure it's not any cheaper).  However, if you do have $65, you could buy
Caldera.  It comes with the registered Accelerated X server, and the
student price for the whole package is $65 (if I remember right); the
normal price is $99.

later,
chris

Chris Ricker : gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu : The Georgia Institute o' Technology