unexport and kernel 1.3.54

James Herbert jherbert at st6000.sct.edu
Sat Feb 24 03:53:11 EST 1996

> I'm having trouble getting kernel 1.3.54 to compile. When I make, it
> complains about a missing seperator in Rules.make. I THINK make does not
> like the unexport command on that line. I have tried various makes as well
> as gcc 2.7.0 and gcc 2.5.8, both with no luck. Any comments here
> would be most helpful.

>                                        Thanks in advance,

>                                               Dave

David,

I am currently running 1.3.54 and had no complications with the
compile when using the following steps to install the sources.
It's not necessary, but I also removed all of my 1.2.13 sources
before I began.  Hope this helps.

Jim  ( jherbert at sct.edu )

cd /usr/src
gzip -cd linux-1.3.54.tar.gz | tar xfv -

cd /usr/include
rm -rf linux
rm -rf asm
ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux linux
ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386 asm

cd /usr/src/linux
make mrproper
make config
make dep