Ethernet card detection problem

charlie charlie at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 21 02:30:56 EST 1996

hello,

  I'm having a problem with my ethernet card being detected at boot up in
linux.  It works fine in dos/windows, but I can't get the kernel to recognize
it.   I've recompiled my kernel to support this, and I've even tried forcing
detection with the append command in lilo.  But nothing seems to work.
I have an NE2000 card located at IRQ5 ba 0x320.  A friend of mine with the
exact same card didn't even have a problem with detection.  There are no
conflicts in the hardware.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

info
kernel 1.2.11
computer: P90 PCI 16megs

thanks
charlie
							        Charles Hubbard
	   		 	          Internet: charlie at felix.cc.gatech.edu
We have to believe in our free will: We have no choice in the matter.