popclient weirdness; where's Linux Java?

Joseph Knapka jknapka at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 14 11:16:44 EST 1996

Hi y'all.

I've got a problem with popclient - it successfully fetches my
mail, but then the mail vanishes silently away when it gets to
my system because popclient is invoking sendmail with the wrong
arguments. The popclient docs don't mention a way to change this
behavior; can anyone enlighten me? I've tried piping popclient's
output into a correctly-invoked sendmail, but that's less than
cool because all the messages arrive globbed together in one big
message in my local mailbox.

Also, I've seen some messages here implying that a Java development
environment exists for Linux --- WHERE? It's wan't at java.sun.com last time
I looked. I'd really like to avoid buying WINDOG 95 just to develop Java apps...

Thanks,

-- Joe