Netscape News

UNIX Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Wed Feb 7 12:00:53 EST 1996

I thought I'd post a better explanation of the Netscape News solution I
proposed for the person (sorry, didn't save the id) that couldn't see
his full news group names.

As you know, Netscape News comes up with the window partitioned into two
frames.  One has the headers Name, 'a check mark,' Unread and Total.  The
second has headers Thread, Sender, a flag, a button and Subject.

You can increase the first frame by positioning your cursor on the 'square
button' that is located at the bottom of the border betwwen the two frames.
Once your cursor is in the proper position, it will change to a 'plus' sign.
Just click your primary mouse button, hold and drag either left or right.

Now to adjust the space made available to individual header entries within
the frame, place you cursor in the header area.  Move it between headers
until you see your cursor change to a cursor with two arrows, one pointing
left, the other pointing right.  Once you have this cursor, click and hold
your primary mouse button and drag either left or right.  This will change
the space allocated for various fields.

I hope this is a better explanation.  By primary mouse button, I refer to
what is, for most people, the left mouse button.  Being left handed, my
primary mouse button, is the right one.  Confused?  I guess I should have
called it mouse button 1.

--
PS: Please don't finger geof at denali.is.net, it tickles......

Until Later,