Adaptec 2940

Eric eric at uxeric.compgen.com
Tue Feb 6 12:38:25 EST 1996

If you use the onboard version of that controller (I guess you aren't),
you'll have to get a patch to use it, at least with 1.2.13.  It was kind
of frustrating to install too.  The onboard version is also known as the
aic7xxx chip (Our machines have the AIC-7870).

You can get the patch for the AIC7xxx drives from
ftp://ftp.pcnet.com/users/eischen/Linux

This patch *says* it supports the AHA2940 boards too..

Here's most of the readme file: