[ale] yppasswd

Michael Ivey ivey at gstv.Gsu.EDU
Mon Dec 30 03:25:57 EST 1996

I am embarking on a journey into DNS, NIS, and NFS so that I can add some
new hosts to my domain, and have everybody stay happy....so, of course, I
have run into a few snags.

First:  is yppasswd shadow-aware?
Second: where the heck is yppasswdd?
                                  ^-----Could they have found a WORSE
                                        name for this?

Anyone got the NIS/NFS server thing going that wants to drop me some
pointers, I'd love them....I got the ORA Book on NIS/NFS, so....I'm doing
ok, I guess.

Thanks.

Michael Ivey <ivey at gsu.edu>       BOFH, Georgia State Television
Phone: (404) 651-4788             http://gstv.gsu.edu/~ivey
Pager: (404) 485-7662             down, not across

"Did you know that if you're an intellectual, you'll probably end
    up in Hell for it?"  -Rev. Jonathon Bell