[ale] Q: How to control PPP login name?

John M. Mills jmills at siberia.gtri.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 29 09:31:44 EDT 1996

Sorry, I missed the answer to this a few weeks (months?) ago.
I login to my GIT PPP account with the user name assigned by GIT:
'joeuser', say.

When I set up my net and PPP configurations, I ended up with my
HOSTNAME set to 'joeuser' and all works fine.  I want to set my
HOSTNAME to another name: 'joeuserslave', say, and still be able
to get onto GIT's PPP as 'joeuser'.

What do I need to change?  What should I avoid changing?  Thanks.

John M. Mills, Senior Research Engineer   --   john.m.mills at gtri.gatech.edu
   Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0853
        Phone contacts: 770.528.3258 (voice), 770.528.7083 (FAX)
        EMACS: 'Eight Megabytes And Constantly Swapping' -- anon