[ale] Dynamic IP addr problems?

Bob Toxen bob at cavu.com
Tue Apr 30 11:22:00 EDT 1996

Mindspring, my ISP, is determined to force Dynamic IP addressing on
all it's PPP clients, such as myself, who presently use Static.

What kind of problems might I expect using rlogin, ftp, sendmail
AND for those trying to access my system?

I'm concerned that caching will cause people to have trouble coming in to
my system and that my Linux box may cache its own address inappropriately.

THANKS,

Bob Toxen
bob at cavu.com
http://www.mindspring.com/~cavu
Fly-By-Day Consulting
N79879
"Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus" (We came, we saw, we hacked)

Available for C & UNIX programming/porting assignments.