[ale] rights and security

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Thu Apr 25 22:15:16 EDT 1996

}I need to have 4 groups of users on my Linux Internet server.  The =
}groups are as follows.
}	sysusers
}		users
}			employees
}				customers
}I want the sysusers to have free reign over the other groups files and =
}the users only to have free reign over the employees and the customers =
}files and the employees to have fre reign over the customers files.  How =
}can this be done?  The man pages don't go into any detail on systems =
}administration.  Any ideas would be welcomed.
}
}Thanks David

Take a look at the sudo command.  It would be a bit cumbersome and require
a bit of education for the users, but you can use it to control access such
as you wish.  Some of what you want, can be done via groups, but user's can
always chmod the mode on files such that no one (but root) has access.  sudo
will work around this problem.

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   gamyers at attmail.com
	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof  or http://denali.is.net/~geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....