[ale] Sendmail problem update!

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Wed Apr 24 20:37:37 EDT 1996

}hello,
}
}  well for all of you who are helping me track down this nasty error, I finally
}got a chance to try testing remotely, and yes it hung the machine on this
}side too.  I tried telneting, pinging, and ftping into my machine, but nothing
}worked.  The telnet didn't even come back with a connection refused message.
}Ping just sat there (as did all of them), and when I went back to my machine
}to see if it was hung, much to my dismay it was!  The screen saver had kicked
}in, and I couldn't get it off the screen because the keyboard wasn't
}responding.

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread, because I didn't I had anything
to add, until now. :)  I would suggest that you try connecting via a direct
terminal connection to your serial port.  This will at least verify if the
machine is totally locked up or if it's the network.  Sorry if this is of
no use....

}
}One of my friends suggested just reinstalling.  He says that there is something
}terribly wrong with my machine, and the best way is just to start over.  I'm
}not so sure if I want to commit to this, but if I must I must.  So before I
}commit linux suicide does anybody have any ideas!!  I probably won't be able to
}do this for a couple of weeks or until everything stops happenning so fast! :)
}
}thanks
}charlie
}
}							        Charles Hubbard
}	   		 	          Internet: charlie at felix.cc.gatech.edu
}We have to believe in our free will: We have no choice in the matter.
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
}

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   gamyers at attmail.com
	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof  or http://denali.is.net/~geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....