[ale] Networkin and Sendmail

charlie charlie at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 17 13:47:34 EDT 1996

On Tue, 16 Apr 1996, Steven A. Duchene wrote:

>         What kind of error messages do you get when sendmail tries to start?
> 	Take the time to try and start it by hand so we can help you out.
> 	Can you telnet to port 25?

No error message is echoed back it just hangs the machine!  I can' ^Z, shutdown
the machine, goto a virtual terminal.  Nothing!  I tried to use the network
last night, and I'm back to the same problem with my networking stuff.
It will hang the machine too.  Telnet hung it in X, and my mouse was just stuck

Deadlocked!  Nothing.

Three days without Micro$oft.  It was heaven.  Oh well paradise lost... :)

thanks
charlie

							        Charles Hubbard
	   		 	          Internet: charlie at felix.cc.gatech.edu
We have to believe in our free will: We have no choice in the matter.