2nd ALE Meeting

Jeff Hoepfinger jeff_ho at jeff_ho.hboc.com
Wed Jan 4 21:23:13 EST 1995

                                          ^
                         I                ^
                         I                ^
                         I                ^
                      ___I____           /|\
  ______             || |  | ||        // | \
 /|    |             || |  | ||       //  |  \
| | oo |             || |  | ||      //   |   \
| | oo |             || |  | ||     ()/   |   \()
| | oo |             || |  | ||   ()()=========()
| | oo |____         || |  | ||   (/| o  o o  o |
| | oo      |        || |  | ||   |/| 8  8 8  8 |
| | ooooooo |   =====|| |  | ||   | | o  o o  o |
| | ooooooo |   === =|| |  | ||   |/| 8  8 8  8 |
| | ooooooo |   =====|| |  | ||   | | o  o o  o |
| | ooooooo |___=== =|| |  | ||###|/| 8  8 8  8 |
| | ooooooo      |===|| |  | ||###| | o  o o  o |
| | ooooooooo +=======================+  8 8  8 |
| | oooooooo /[    *     **     ***** ]  o o  o |
| | oooooooo| [   ***    **     **    ]  8 8  8 |
| | oooooooo| [  ** **   **     ***   ]  o o  o |
| | oooooooo| [  *****   **     **    ]  8 8  8 |
| | oooooooo| [  ** **   *****  ***** ]  o o  o |
| | oooooooo| [                       ]  8 8  8 |
| | oooooooo| [        Atlanta        ]  o o  o |
| | oooooooo| [    Linux Enthusiasts  ]  8 8  8 |
| | oooooooo| [                       ]  o o  o |
| | oooooooo| +=======================+  8 8  8 |
| | oooooooo+/_______________________/o  o o  o |
| | oooooooooooo |= =|| |  | ||###|/| 8  8 8  8 |
| | oooooooooooo |===|| |  | ||###| | o  o o  o |

              Thursday the 12th of January
                       7:00 PM
           Georgia Tech College of Computing
                       Room 101

  New and experienced users welcome at our second meeting of
  the Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts.  This meeting will focus on
  introducing users to both Linux and ALE.  The meeting will
  be hosted by several folks, so there should be plenty of
  interesting information discussed.

Also..
- Mark Horton will be selling Infomagic CDs at a discount price
- Free Linux Journals, thanks for Phile at SSC
- Greg Hankins will be selling Dr. Linux books for 28 dollars
  (compared at 49 dollars elsewhere in Atlanta)
- Free "Linux Inside" stickers

  To subscribe to the ALE mailing list, send e-mail
      to majordomo at cc.gatech.edu with the line
        subscribe ale <your e-mail address>
             in the body of the message.

              We'll hope see you there!

      Contact: Jeff Hoepfinger  (404) 409-9488
               jeff_ho at jeff_ho.hboc.com

    Directions to the Georgia Tech College of Computing:

  URL:http://www.cc.gatech.edu/external.affairs/directions.html

Here's the gist of it:

If you are driving from the airport:

 1. Take I-85 North to Exit #101 (10th Street/14th Street/Ga Tech).
 2. Take a left onto 10th Street at the light at the end of the ramp.
 3. Go straight through 1 traffic light.
 4. Take a left onto Fowler Street at the next light, immediately after the
      basketball arena. (Big dome shaped building)
 5. Take a right onto Ferst Street, at the first light.
 6. Take a left onto Plum Street, at the first stop sign.
 7. The College of Computing is the second building on your right.
 8. Park behind the building in the small lot immediately behind the College
     of Computing, or along the street behind the building.
 9. Continue walking down Plum street until you come to a set of stairs on the
    right between two buildings, walk up the stairs to the front door of the
    College of Computing.
 10. Room 101 is the first door through the hallway on the left.

 Covered Walkway        Front Door
               |        |
       ----+  \|/      \|/+--------------   +---------+ |       |
       MiRC| ----------- /               |  |         | |       |
           | -----------|   College of   |  | Biology | |       |
           |       ==   |   Computing    |  |         | |       |
           |       ==   |                |  |         | |       |
           |       ==   +----------------+  +---------+ |       |
           |      |  |         +------+                 |  St.  |
                     Plum Street
                                                        |       |