dying PS = SIMM popcorn?

Condor gt3703b at prism.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 20 01:00:24 EDT 1994

<story about bad 386 CPU and SIMM module found by GIM diagnostic team deleted>

> I checked
> it myself this time and found that another SIMM had gone bad, so I am
> down to 4MB, and just want to get a new motherboard...  I just wonder if
> the motherboard isn't frying my SIMMS? Anyone ever heard of this?
>
> I'm trying to use this as justification to myself for going out and
> buying a new motherboard.

I haven't heard of any specific stories about M/Bs frying chips, but it
seems feasible.  <grin>

The only thing that I have run across in my day has been a Power Supply that
spiked and took out the M/B, CPU, memory, and a few expansion cards.   I
certainly can't say that it's your PS dying on you, but if it's old (ie 3-4+
years) and it's been well used, I wouldn't disregard it as a possible
culprit (albeit unlikely).

TTFN.
James