TIA

Vernard C. Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 2 12:47:04 EST 1994

> A friend of mine (Robert Blenis) says he's
> been using a product called TIA that he claims
> is better than term.  You crank it up on your
> host machine, then exit your terminal program
> and start up SLIP.  Then "regular" ftp, telnet,
> mosaic, etc works; but it is only one-way, ie
> you can't telnet back to your home machine.
>
> Has anyone tried this and do they like it?

Yes. I have tried out TIA and it does work. It basically gives you a SLIP
account and all you need is a shell account. The only real problem is that I
believe it violates the Network Computing Policy that was recently put into
action. I'm going to check with David Leonard of CNS and see if he has a
problem with anyone using TIA or term for that matter.
--
Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu)  Ga Tech College of Computing
Student at Large, High Performance Parallel Computation and Experimentation Lab