AUUG meeting summary

Greg Hankins gregh at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 8 12:18:50 EST 1994

>If you have time, would you post, or ask someone else to post
>a summary of the AUUG meeting.  I couldn't go, but I'm dying
>to know!
>
>--Tucker

Well, a lot of people showed up.  Mark Horton brought 100 Linux
Journals, and they were all gone quickly so I think there were around
100 people there.

The meeting in itself could have had a little more presentation I
think.  More or less, the speaker spoke for maybe 10 minutes, and
then opened up the floor for questions.  I would have liked to see
something more like what V did for the meeting we had at Tech.  But,
overall the response was very good, people expressed interest in a
local Linux users group.  There are a lot of people in Atlanta (not
including Tech or Emory) that are running Linux.  Mark Horton (who
works with InfoMagic) sold a lot of InfoMagic Linux CDs for only $15.

A couple of people asked me about the gtlinux address too, so more
people from outside Tech should be subscribing.

The only thing that didn't happen that I would have liked to see is a
Linux Users Group take shape.  Many people expressed interest as I
said before, but noone seemed willing to take charge and head up
things.

Greg

--
Greg Hankins (greg.hankins at cc.gatech.edu)  |  Georgia Institute of Technology
Computing and Networking Services          |  College of Computing