[ale] [ALE] Happy Birthday BASIC

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri May 17 11:19:15 EDT 2024

The backend compile process is horrifyingly slow. But when the eventually
approved and compiled code will be run every hour or so for the next 3-5
years, and that code requires MPI interconnection to 100-800 other nodes to
run on every hour, devel/compile time starts looking to be less of a
problem.

Pretty sure the heat generated to predict the weather has small but
non-zero impact on the weather :-)