[ale] [ALE] Happy Birthday BASIC

Jon "maddog" Hall jon.maddog.hall at gmail.com
Fri May 17 05:55:19 EDT 2024

My "favorite" story about memory utilization was when we had just announced
the DEC Alpha with its 64-bit address space and someone (who should have
known better) sneered that they would look forward to 128 bit addresses.

I asked them "What problem do you need that much address space to solve?
What is the practical need?"

The look on their face was priceless.