[ale] [ALE] Happy Birthday BASIC

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu May 16 21:36:20 EDT 2024

Compiled code. Still do FORTRAN when it has to be fast. Still do C if I
need to burn up a monitor (oops!). But you can't learn it if you can't see
it, touch it, and change it. The scripting languages are easier to learn
and definitely have a place. And they are now the gateway to programming.
They're not perfect and they slurp down hardware. I can't imagine python
trying to run in the days of BASIC on an early  pc jr.  :-)