[ale] Issue installing httpd on amazon linux ec2 instance

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 15:58:46 EDT 2024

Okay, I've tried this a few ways, and it keeps failing to install httpd when I build an EC2 instance.

Here's the "user data" to build the instance:

	dnf update -y
	dnf install -y httpd
	echo "Nice!" > /var/www/html/index.html
	systemctl restart httpd

When I log in, the updates seem to be current, but there's no httpd. If I become root on the machine and copy the dnf install command, it works just fine. Any suggestions?

Leam

--
Site Reliability Engineer  (reuel.net/resume)
Scribe: The Domici War     (domiciwar.net)