[ale] Ancient desktop

DJPfulio at jdpfu.com DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue May 9 10:05:22 EDT 2023

On 5/9/23 07:31, Jim Kinney via Ale wrote:
> I'm gonna look at the v 1.3 I found in their downloads. My testing of
> it was from '95-97 time frame. Many thanks!

I kept an old Walnut Creek 6-disc Linux collection. Used to buy $15 updates from Microcenter every 6 months during most of the 1990s.

Can probably find a Slackware 0.96 disc somewhere here.  I didn't have a CDROM at the time, so I'd buy 50 floppies and stay late at work to use the CDROM drive on my workstation there to build the floppies from the CDROM.

I was living outside Houston then and it was a 45min drive on Sunday morning to get to the "PC area" of town. It was a full day to head over there and visit NewEgg, Microcenter, CompUSA, and a few others that have long died.

Life these days with Linux is 1000x easier.